Thursday, February 5, 2009

Getting sick and classes


[above] some new Czech friends and I painting in our living room circa 6AM...living the life

I officially have the flu, which was expected since our Czech roommate has been sick the entire time we've been here. Luckily its pretty mild so I'm able to be up and doing stuff, just feeling pretty crummy.

Update on classes:
Politics: Pretty basic, just general overview of Central European history, which includes Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia. The teacher is veryy European, mostly just lectures, but is really intelligent and old school, so I'm diggin it. He's pretty famous here and is on TV often, apparently, so that's also cool.

Art and Architecture: Amazing class. Our first assignment is to draw a building in Prague, which is great. Focusing on 18th through 20th century art. Our teacher's name is Otto, which is pretty awesome by itself.

Film: So far we've just watched one film and haven't met our prof yet, so I have no clue about this one. The film was pretty great though, a German, 30s erotic flick (with no subtitles). Pretty racy for our first day of class.

Czech Language: I think you get the picture on this one. My teacher, however, is amazing. He's taken us on a tour of the city and played guitar for us, as well as trying (desperately) to teach us to speak.

Resistance and Dissent: I've only had one class in this but...perhaps the most boring thing I've ever experienced. Hopefully this picks up or I'm going to be resisting and dissenting pretty soon.

Otherwise, things are pretty chill, this weekend should be fun, am going to see a few concerts and of course, Cesky Krumlov. Will post pictures from that...hope everyone is doing great stateside!

No comments:

Post a Comment